Landing page are commonly attached to all outbound marketing activities. These can be built in a way to include incentives that entice the visitor to download related content such as whitepapers, product brochures or eBooks. By offering these incentives it should help convert a higher percentage of your visitors into qualified leads.
What will I find in this article?
Getting ThereFrom the Program Manager click Tactics then choose the Forms tab.
This provides you a few different ways to create a form.
- New: If you need to build a form from scratch, select the New Form button. Enter a name, set the attributes and for your form and click Save & Continue.
- Template: Use an existing pre-made template to create your content. This copies all aspects of the template. Use the point and click editor to edit and build your content.
- Copy Existing: If you have a previously created form that you would like to use as a template, you can click the Copy Form button on the right side of the page. This will copy all aspects of the form including layout, form fields, confirmation page and advanced options.
Once the form is created using either of these methods, you can use the following steps below to customize your form.
- Contact Fields: Basic contact information such as name, address, city, state and postal.
- Profile Fields: Profiles setup in your CRM. You can word any profile in the form of a question. For example, you can modify the profile for "Annual Revenue" to "Your company's yearly revenue."
- Form Fields: Any customized field.
When adding Contact Fields or Profile Fields, check the box under On Form to add the field. To make the field required, check the box under Required. You also have the option of renaming the field in the form to the right of the field name.
To add a form field, select which type of field you want to display. Options include text, text area, date, checkbox, radio buttons.
Enter the field name, example text (if necessary) and determine if the field should be required.
For single, multiple selection and rating scale enter the options available for the field.
- Inputting text automatically creates additional blank fields.
- Use the check boxes and Delete button to delete unwanted options.
- Sort button allows user to click-and-drag options to put them in desired order.
When finished click Save at the bottom of the window.
- Content Editor: The content editor provides full access to customize the email as required. You can adjust font sizes and colors as well as insert links and images. By placing the mouse over each icon in the toolbar of the editor it will tell you specifically what that option does. After you have finished building your content enter a subject line into the Subject field and select the Save button located at the bottom of the page.
- Template: With a few clicks, you can add or change images or text, and translate the content within the template without interfering with the integrity of the overall design. These email templates are based upon the template discussed in the article on Point & Click Templates.
Content that can be modified has a red serrated square in the surrounding area. By placing your mouse over that area, a pencil icon appears.
If you prefer to view all editable fields directly, you can do so using the Table View Edit option. This will display all editable fields in a list format. To the right of the listed fields is a preview of your form.
To modify that section click on the Pencil icon. In the new window, simply enter the new content into the field(s) provided to update the content.
If the section you are modifying requires an image to be replaced click the Choose File button and locate the image on your computer. When finished, select the Save button at the bottom of the page. The image will automatically resize to fit within the target location.
When finished modifying this section click Save at the bottom of the window. You can then move on to edit the next section of the form.
Once you have made all needed changes to the content, click Save & Refresh Preview at the top of the page to generate the form with your changes.
When done, click the Confirmation Page tab to continue.
When done, click the Confirmation Email tab to continue.
When finished click Save. Click the Distribution tab to continue.
- Assign everything to one user: Choose which user and how the forms and new contacts are assigned by clicking Edit.
- Assign based on a rule about how the forms are filled out:
- Click Select a rule.
- Click Add new rule.
- Name the rule and choose the field you wish to use.
When finished click Save.