Landing page are commonly attached to all outbound marketing activities. These can be built in a way to include incentives that entice the visitor to download related content such as whitepapers, product brochures or eBooks. By offering these incentives it should help convert a higher percentage of your visitors into qualified leads.
What will I find in this article?
Getting ThereFrom the Program Manager click Tactics then choose the Forms tab.
This provides you a few different ways to create a form.
- New: If you need to build a form from scratch, select the New Form button. Enter a name, set the attributes and for your form and click Save & Continue.
- Template: Use an existing pre-made template to create your content. This copies all aspects of the template. Use the point and click editor to edit and build your content.
- Copy Existing: If you have a previously created form that you would like to use as a template, you can click the Copy Form button on the right side of the page. This will copy all aspects of the form including layout, form fields, confirmation page and advanced options.
Once the form is created using either of these methods, you can use the following steps below to customize your form.
- Contact Fields: Basic contact information such as name, address, city, state and postal.
- Profile Fields: Profiles setup in your CRM. You can word any profile in the form of a question. For example, you can modify the profile for "Annual Revenue" to "Your company's yearly revenue."
- Form Fields: Any customized field.
When adding Contact Fields or Profile Fields, check the box under On Form to add the field. To make the field required, check the box under Required. You also have the option of renaming the field in the form to the right of the field name.
To add a form field, select which type of field you want to display. Options include text, text area, date, checkbox, radio buttons.
Enter the field name, example text (if necessary) and determine if the field should be required.
For single, multiple selection and rating scale enter the options available for the field.
- Inputting text automatically creates additional blank fields.
- Use the check boxes and Delete button to delete unwanted options.
- Sort button allows user to click-and-drag options to put them in desired order.
When finished click Save at the bottom of the window.
- Template - Form templates use our Point-and-Click editor. To edit the content click the Edit Content button above the form content.
- HTML Editor - To edit content within our standard WYSIWYG HTML editor click within the form layout box.
This loads the content editor. Utilize the Point-and-Click editor or the HTML editor to customize the look and feel of the page. The merge field [FormFields] is where the form will be located within the page. If you erase the [FormFields] merge field then the form will appear bellow the rest of the content.
When done, click Save & Close.
When finished click Save.
- Assign everything to one user: Choose which user and how the forms and new contacts are assigned by clicking Edit.
- Assign based on a rule about how the forms are filled out:
- Click Select a rule.
- Click Add new rule.
- Name the rule and choose the field you wish to use.
When finished click Save.
By default all pages are displayed. To narrow down click Forms.
Click Insert Link next to the managed page you need to link to.
This returns you back to the editor and the item is now an active hyperlink.