From the Marketing Center click Library. If you have access to more than one vendor library simply choose the vendor from the list.
If you have already created an email, you can access it by selecting Tactics then Email.
After you have narrowed down your search you can select an email by clicking the thumbnail image. This loads a preview of the tactic. Click Customize & Send to pull the campaign into your account.
Once the campaign has been added to your account you will be taken to the email content.
- Content Editor: The content editor provides full access to customize the email as required. You can adjust font sizes and colors as well as insert links and images. By placing the mouse over each icon in the toolbar of the editor it will tell you specifically what that option does. After you have finished building your content enter a subject line into the Subject field and select the Save button located at the bottom of the page.
- Template: With a few clicks, you can add or change images or text, and translate the content within the template without interfering with the integrity of the overall design. Choose from a pre-determined image library or upload your own. If you upload your own image the system will automatically crop and resize the images to the correct dimensions.
Content that can be modified has a red serrated square in the surrounding area. By placing your mouse over that area, a pencil icon appears.
If you prefer to view all editable fields directly, you can do so using the Table View Edit option. This will display all editable fields in a list format. To the right of the listed fields is a preview of your email.
To modify that section click on the Pencil icon. In the new window, simply enter the new content into the field(s) provided to update the content.
If the section you are modifying requires an image to be replaced click the Choose File button and locate the image on your computer. When finished, select the Save button at the bottom of the page. The image will automatically resize to fit within the target location.
When finished modifying this section click Save at the bottom of the window. You can then move on to edit the next section of the email.
Once you have made all needed changes to the content, click Save & Refresh Preview at the top of the page to generate the email with the changes.
After the content has been built the next step is to apply the mailing list. Select Mailing List at the top of the page.
The mailing list is the group of contacts that will receive the email campaign. You cannot send the campaign without applying a mailing list. It is very important to apply the correct mailing list, as applying the wrong mailing list to the campaign will be sent to the wrong recipients.
You can add contacts to your mailing list manually, by a group or with an advanced search.
- Adding Contacts Manually: Use the Quick Search to search by name, company or email address. Click Add to campaign next to the contact to manually add them to the campaign.
- Adding Group of Contacts: Select the drop down button under Group Mailing List. Place a check in the box next to the group you would like to add and click Add checked groups.
- Running Advanced Search: Select the Advanced Search button and follow the steps to build your search criteria. See the Searching article for assistance with building an advanced search. When you are finished click Run the Search.
When your mailing list has been inserted, the next step is to setup your tasks and alerts. Select Tasks & Alerts at the top of the page.
Place a check in the box next to alerts/leads you want to receive and choose which user you want to assign it to. Your choices are:
- When an email is opened.
- When a link in the email is clicked.
- When the unsubscribe link in the email is clicked.
The final step before sending out your email campaign is to send a test message.
Place a check in the box next to the user(s) you want to send the test message and click Send Test Message button. You can copy additional email addresses by placing them into the Send copy to other email addresses field.
When you have tested the email and everything is correct, select Schedule & Send.
The campaign summary gives you insight into the effectiveness of your campaign. The top section shows the overall campaign summary. Each subsequent section shows the results for each record owner of contacts in the campaign. The report is broken down into Sent, Opened, Clicks, Unsubscribed, Rejected, Leads and Opportunities, which is further broken down by total count and percentage.
If you need to view specific results of a category select the numerical value under the column. This provides a list of contacts that completed the action.
If needed you can export the campaign summary or results to Excel by clicking Export.
RejectionsRejections are broken down into two main categories: hard rejections and soft rejections. These rejections are based on the response that our sending server receives from the recipient’s mail server. Hard rejections are critical rejections that flag the contact and it will no longer send any emails to that contact. Types of Hard Rejections:
- Domain not found: The domain address in the user’s email does not exist (e.g. email@example.com).
- User not found: The domain in the email address is valid, but the specific user does not exist (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org).
Soft rejections are emails that were rejected by the recipient, but future emails sent to this contact will be sent as normal:
- Unspecified Error: The recipient server rejected the email, but the error received is unclear on the specific reason.
- No answer from email server: The StructuredWeb email server did not receive any response from the recipient email server.
- Email blocked by spam filter: The email was blocked by the recipient server’s spam filter.
- Mailbox full: The recipient’s mailbox is full so the email could not be delivered.