What will I find in this article?
Select the New Event button at the top of the page. This loads the content source page.
Choose the content source for the campaign. Select the appropriate option by clicking the hyperlink. Three options will be displayed:
- Ready made campaigns: Pre-configured events. Simply choose the event template, and add the appropriate information.
- Copy previous event: Copies over an exact copy of an existing event.
- New Content: Create new content from scratch. This lets you set up all of the event dates, options, confirmation, emails etc. yourself starting from an empty template.
Setting up your event is simple. Add the name, dates and times for the event and a description of the event. You can limit the number of attendees for the event by setting a max. If there is no maximum registration limit, leave the field blank. You can also set an end date to register for the event. If there is no end to the registration period, leave this field blank.
When done, click Save & Continue located at the bottom of the page. This loads the Registration page.
This page is in many ways the single most important aspect of setting up the event. First, you can put information about your event on the registration page to help explain and promote the event to your customers. Second, the registration page is where customers go to sign up to participate in the event.
Determine the form fields you want to have in the registration page. StructuredWeb provides you a list of default fields. To add additional fields, click the Add a Field button:
Three options will be displayed:
- Contact Fields: Add a field based on normal contact information such as address, city, state, postal code.
- Profile Fields: Add a profile located within your CustomerCenter CRM to the form. All data entered will then be saved to the contacts record in the CRM.
- Form Fields: Additional customized fields that are not tied to the CustomerCenter CRM.
For example, if you need to add a customized field that is not basic contact information, select the Form Field option and follow the wizard’s steps to create that customized field. Custom field types include dropdown selection, check boxes for multiple selection, number field, and text area.
You can reorder form fields by dragging and dropping. To remove form fields click the X to the left of the field name. Clicking on a form field allows you to change its display name and whether you want it to be required.
To modify the content of the registration page, click in the text area. This loads the content editor. Use the editor to its fullest capabilities and customize the registration page. When finished click Save and Close. Click the Confirmation Page tab to continue to the next step.
Once customers have registered for your event they are automatically taken to a registration confirmation page. Set up your registration confirmation page by using the content editor. Click Save and then access the Confirmation Email tab.
Following registration, you can send the customer a confirmation email. This email ensures the customer that the registration process was successful. You can toggle the confirmation email on and off by clicking “Yes” or “No” respectively under the question: Would you like to send an email confirmation to the customer that filled out this form? Enter the subject and content of the email using the content editor. When finished, click Save. Click the Distribution tab to continue to the next step.
This tab allows you to decide which user(s) receive the form submissions and alerts for the event.
Under Assign all form submissions and new contacts to a single user click “Edit.”
Determine the user to receive form submissions using the dropdown. Select “Yes” for Would you like to send an email notification to the user you are assigning this form to?
If you would like to send a carbon copy of the email notification, you can enter the email address(es) to receive the copies, separated by semicolons (;).
When finished, click Save. Select the Invited tab to continue to the next step.
Here you can add records to the mailing list for the event. The contacts that you add to this list will be sent invitations created in the Emails tab. There are a few ways you can add records to the mailing list:
- Quick Search: find individual records to add contacts.
- Group Mailing Lists: add all members of a group to the list.
- Saved Searches: Use a previously saved Advanced Search to add contacts.
- Advanced Search: search using specific criteria to find the contacts you want.
- Import: Import contacts into the mailing list using a CSV or XLS file. See our article on the Import process for more information.
Once you are finished adding contacts to the mailing list, click the Emails tab to be brought to the next step.
This tab is used to create and distribute emails regarding the event. Invitations are sent to the customers added to the mailing list in the Invited tab. Reminders are sent to those who have registered for the event as shown in the Registered tab. Apart from the difference in mailing list used, the creation process for invitations and reminders is identical:
To create a new invitation or reminder, click the New Email button and select Invitation or Reminder, respectively.
Create the email as you normally would. For a refresher, see the article on Sending an Email Blast.
When finished creating your email, click the name of the event campaign to return to the Emails tab then select the Registered tab.
Registered & Attended
Here you can view the customers that have registered for the event. From this tab you are able to delete customers and access CustomerCenter information for the registered attendees. You can also export the registered attendees list as a CSV file by clicking Export at the top right.
When finished, click the Reports tab to continue.
This tab agglomerates the report data from all individual emails sent for the event. Each email sent will have both aggregate and percentage data. Clicking on the number in the Count column for one of the categories will show you a list of the users who performed the action. When done, click the Advanced Options tab to access the next step.
Advanced Options (optional)
This section allows you to further customize your event. Your options include:
- Choosing if new contacts should be automatically created or not
- Whether existing contacts’ info and profiles should be automatically updated or not
- Options linking the form with CustomerCenter
When finished making changes to the advanced options click Save and then select the Page Header tab to continue.
Page Header (optional)
The Page Header tab allows you to set up meta elements to promote search engine optimization (SEO) for the registration page of the event. On the page you can edit:
- Menu Name: Name of the page in internal site menus.
- Page Title: Title that displays in the tab or browser window, also important for SEO.
- Description: Information that displays with your link in search engines.
- Keywords: Provide keywords used by search engines for SEO.
- Meta Tags: Provide keywords used by search engines for SEO.
- Page URL: Specify the page URL.
When done, click Save.