Attribute Filters allows you to tag the marketing materials you make available in your library with different types of criteria. Once the assets are tagged with your custom attributes, you can use this information for two main purposes. First, attributes can be used as filters to allow your partners to quickly locate marketing materials in Campaigns or the Library. For example, you can setup attributes for a specific language, audience or product type. The partner simply checks on/off the filters to narrow the results in their library to view tactics only in that language. In addition to filtering, attributes can also be used for reporting purposes, to measure and compare different tactics or campaigns based on their attributes.
To create new Attributes click Settings and then choose the Attributes tab. A list of previously created attributes is displayed.
Creating New Attributes
Click the New Attribute button.
A list of fields display. Choose the appropriate field type for the attribute. If you need to set more than one value choose a multiple selection option. Selecting an option loads the attribute details screen.
Provide a name, description and choose if it is a required field.
Decide where the attribute will be used. You have the following options:
- Tactic settings: This attribute can be applied to individual tactics.
- Library filtering: This attribute is applied to individual tactics and can be used by partners to filter tactics in the Library tab.
- Campaign Start Marketing Filtering: This attribute is applied to individual tactics and can be used to filter the tactics within campaigns.
- Campaign Settings: This attribute can be applied to campaigns.
- Campaign Filtering: This attribute can be applied to campaigns and can be used by partners to filter campaigns on the Campaigns tab.
- Plans: This attribute can be applied to marketing plans.
- Campaign Settings: This attribute can be applied to individual campaigns within a marketing plan.
- Plan Settings: This attribute can be applied to a marketing plan.
If this attribute should be available for multiple programs, select the programs from the list.
Enter the Options for the attribute. For example, if the attribute is Language, your options may be English, Spanish, and French. As you add options, an additional field is automatically added.
When finished entering this information click Save. This creates the attribute and adds it to the list available when creating content.